Sunday, March 15, 2009

time for a light-hearted post

in 6th grade, my entire class had to participate in a D.A.R.E. program... you know the one. well, to toot my own horn, i passed with flying colors and even got to read the paper i wrote at our D.A.R.E. graduation. yes, we had a graduation. they even played "Hero" by Mariah Carey instead of "pomp & circumstance" as we accepted our awards. (it should go without saying that anytime "Hero" is playing as you walk onto a stage, you know it's a big deal...)  i say all of this to confess that my sweet skills at just saying "NO" to peer pressure seem to have expired. but perhaps it will be to your entertainment benefit. 

i recently posted this on facebook... so if youve stalked me on that thing lately, this wont be new to you. if not -- enjoy. 

in case you missed it, the point was to come up with 25 random facts about yourself. i thought this was stupid and a waste of time... not to mention, who really cares. 

but my sneaky little facebook friends were persistent. i was strong.... at first. but they wore me down... they kept telling me i would like it... to just try it.... everyone was doing it... they cornered me when i was alone... they told me cute boys would never talk to me... they swore it was no big deal... and worst case scenario - the deal clincher - i could always quit if i really hated it. 

well, i caved... and even worse, i had fun doing it. 

if only Officer Buchanan could see me now...

1. When I was an only child, I used to beg my mom to give me a sister named Harmony and a brother named Rhythm. Thank God she didn't listen.

2. My ears cringe when people say, "drive safe." It's drive safely. Drive is a verb. It cannot be followed with an adjective. 

3. I was once in a wave runner accident and ran through a tree that had collapsed in the water. It broke on my face. What ensued was a scene straight out of Baywatch.

4.  My last name has changed 3 times. No, I've never been married.

5. Whenever I go to the movies, I have terrible anxiety that I'll have to get up to go pee before it's over and miss the best part. 

6. Every time I'm barefoot, I walk on my tip toes. I've done this all my life.

7. I hate, I mean HATE - olives, looking at road kill, and the sound or sight of fingernails touching car ceilings.

8. Once my "friends" put worms in my hair while i was sleeping and then filmed it. No, this wasn't jr. high... this was college.

9. When i was 4, I spent 6 months of my life living on a boat in South America.

10. There are things that happened on Jen's and my road trip to Nashville that I would never, ever include on here.

11. I absolutely LOVE adventures, seeing people trip, chipotle, Jesus, being surprised, diet coke, good music, late night drives, laughing my lil heart out, traveling, my friends & my family. But not quite in that order.

12. My aunt recently informed me that I'm an emphatic hand-talker. As in some kooky Seinfeld character you could picture them writing some episode on. She does impressions of me and laughs and laughs. But jokes on her. Now she does it too. :) 

13. I think i'm a fantastic driver. Most of my friends would disagree. (of course, they're wrong.)

14. The most "trouble" i got into in high school involved elaborate TP wars between Melis, Kristin, Karen, Jen & me v. Steve, Jason, Garrett, the varsity football team... and countless others.

15. I'm most likely to lie about what time I woke up, how fast i was driving, and when the last time was I washed my hair. I'm working on that.

16. I'm always afraid i'll "miss out" if I go to bed too early. I can be home alone knowing that every last person I know is asleep, and I still feel this way.

17. Why God insists on teaching me kindness to people who drive in front of me and forget to turn off their blinker is beyond me. I've had to repent of cutting them off and then purposefully leaving my blinker on. 

18.  During my first day in Africa, after the world's longest day of things going wrong and me holding it together, the straw that finally broke my back was... a flying cockroach. I cried and cried. 

19. Sometimes I make strange, high pitch noises when I get cold. I usually don't realize I'm doing this.

20. The Lord has this crazy way of bringing redemption into my life. I'm overwhelmingly thankful and very excited about what He has ahead.

21. 3 of my closest girlfriends (Sam, Kayli & Michelle) and I have a Christmas rap that we co-wrote and then co-rapped at our gift exchange. It was epic.

22. I've been roommates with at least 12 of my closest friends. Great times were had indeed.

23. I try to keep a blog each time I travel, and I recently started this one when I moved to Nashville. (maybe i'll even keep it when i move home???)

24. I don't get star struck, but WHEN i meet Justin Timberlake, I may or may not accidentally throw myself at him.

25. When I told my Grandpa I'm looking into grad school, he said (and I quote) "Sounds like a good idea, seeing as how you struck out in college." He was talking about getting married. Thanks Grandpa. 



if you made it this far, you know what that means... you should try it too! c'mon... everyone who's anyone is doing it. duh. and i won't tell your parents. it will make you cooler. guaranteed. just one. just do one. . . you know you want to. 


=) 

No comments: