Tuesday, December 22, 2009

friends who feel like family

It is good to be home. My heart feels such a lightness here. I was surrounded last night by the sweet friends God has given me. Most of us have gone through some big changes this last year... Dave joined the army and has been training in Atlanta. Michelle moved to Egypt to teach. I was in Nashville. Darren & Kayli were married 6 months ago. Reed, Rouse, Kaeli & the Shintakus have all been adjusting to life changes too. And last night, sitting around that dinner table, all of us agreed we were HOME. 

I'm fortunate to notice that feeling in many places, but nothing quite compares to here. I'm sure that has something to do with the people here... I was 18 years old when I met most of them. And over the last 7 years we have truly lived life together. So much has changed in each of us since we first met, but something beautiful about change, is that when you let it - it produces growth. There's a deepness to our friendships that comes with years of growth with one another. Last night, sitting in the back room at the Old Spaghetti Factory, listening to all the conversations, barely noticing the ease of being around friends who feel like family, I whispered a very sincere "Thank You" to God. More reflections on Nashville to come, but for now, I'm just sitting in a big pile of joy. 


No comments: